Thoughts, Ponderings, & Musings on Mental Health
A virtual space for us to share our thoughts and expertise on therapy and counseling.
- PRIDE: Honoring Your Mental Health“Pride is a time to recall the trials the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) community has endured and to rejoice in the triumphs of trailblazing individuals who have bravely fought — and continue to […]
- Mental Health Awareness MonthMay is mental health awareness month! So let’s get some awareness shall we? According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) “1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year, 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience […]
- Dealing with Pandemic HypochondriaHypochondria is defined as excessive worry or concern about one’s health. While not everyone deals with diagnosable hypochondriasis, many people are experiencing heightened and excessive worry about their health due to COVID-19. It is not easy […]
- Women’s History MonthMarch is Women’s History Month. We want to salute and pay homage to the incredible women who have paved the way! Here in America, groups of women have always been the backbone of movements and moments […]
- First Steps to MindfulnessOur lives are full of internal and external stimuli that are fighting for our attention. It is this fighting that makes it difficult to achieve a state of awareness. There is traffic, lunch, schedule, kids, dogs, […]
- Intro to TherapyThis is more of an educational post for those of you who don’t know the inner workings of therapy. Some people think therapists give you advice. Some people think therapists tell you what’s wrong with you. […]